Letter from the President…
Dear fellow USNA alumnus:
Welcome to the Columbus Chapter of the United States Naval Academy Alumni Association webpage. The site has recently (May 2017) been updated. I hope that you use the site to keep informed of Chapter events and stay connected with alumni in Columbus and Central Ohio. Please also consider visiting the Chapter Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/100549757152451/
In late 2016, an organizing committee was formed and developed the following objectives for the Columbus Chapter:
* Maintain an up-to-date roster of local alumni interested in participating in the chapter;
* Provide ample and diverse opportunities for interested alumni and their families to socialize, network, and just have fun. Base chapter activities on member’s interests and ability to participate;
* Leverage local Military and Air Force Academy organizations to enhance the overall experience of our members;
* Support and interact with Navy entities such as visiting Navy sports teams/clubs, the local Naval Academy Parent’s Club, the Columbus Navy League, etc.;
* Have an enjoyable and engaging Army-Navy football event;
* Communicate effectively and consistently with local alumni.
More than 60 USNA alumni in central and central Ohio have already been identified. Obviously, these folks are at all stages of career and family life. Additionally, there are a significant number of West Point and Air Force Academy alumni locally who are willing to form a strong bond.
The leadership of the Columbus Chapter of the USNAAA is:
* President – Tony Konecny 1979
* Communications Director – Dave Goins 1984
* Treasurer – Chris Rosen 1990
* Webmaster – Rob White 1994
* Shipmate Contact – Eric Marquardt – 2007
You are encouraged to contact them and indicate your interest in activities and events.
I look forward to meeting you and to hear from you on how we can make the Columbus Chapter an organization in which you are proud to belong.
- A Message from ADM Samuel Locklear III ’77, USN (Ret.)
- Our Core Values – USNA Alumni Association
- Our Core Values: Special Committee
- I hope you’re having a meaningful Memorial Day.
- Board Meeting Minutes – 5 May 2020